Proactol™ - the truth behind the theoryAs far as natural fat binders go Proactol™ leads in terms of clinical trials, medical backing and proven credible evidence.
Having undergone 4 successful pre-clinical and clinical studies, Proactol™ is medically proven to help consumers reduce their dietary fat consumption by 28%, contributing to a steady weight loss of 1-2lbs a week.
Compare these statistics to other weight loss products on the market - and their corresponding data - and Proactol™ is by far the more reputable product.
Proven to: bind up to 28% of your fat, suppress your appetite and cravings, reduce your blood cholesterol levels, cut your calories consumption by 450 calories a day and increase your energy levels, Proactol™ could easily be the helping hand you need.
The ScienceFat Binding
When introduced to dietary fats, the non-soluble fibres in Proactol™ bind with them to form a fluid gel. Once in this format your fat molecules become too large and too complex to be absorbed into the body.
As a result, these unabsorbed fats are forced to pass through your body and be excreted.
Proactol™’s soluble fibres are highly viscous which enables them to bind with bile acids. As a result they form a viscous solution that slows down your digestive system and the absorption of glucose into your blood stream.
In this form, the stomach finds it harder to digest causing it to remain longer in your stomach. Due to this you are left feeling fuller for longer, suppressing both your appetite and your cravings.
Media AttentionProactol™’s results alone are enough to encourage consumer confidence, but Proactol™ has gone one step further in their acquirement of accreditations and media publications.
To date Proactol™’s many numerous health and weight loss campaigns have been featured in:
- The Telegraph
- The Daily Mail
- The New York Times
- Florida Style magazine
- The Denver News
With such a diversity of medical officials backing Proactol™ s claims and clinical trials, finding a weight loss supplement that match these statistics is hard to find.
Especially one that can offer consumers 100% reassurance that they will experience no negative side effects, but continued long-lasting results.
Proactol™ is ahead of the curve.
How to measure BODY FAT: Your Fat CalculatorHow to measure BODY FAT: Your Fat Calculator
When it all comes down to losing or gaining weight, most people turn to the scales to determine how much they should lose or gain to have the weight or the shape that they desire.
However, health experts said weight alone is not a clear indicator of good health because it does not distinguish between pounds that come from body fat and those that come from lean body mass or muscle.
Being over fat and overweight is not the same. Overweight simply means an excess of total body weight based on population averages for heights and body frame sizes. On the other hand, obesity is defined as an excess of body fat regardless of weight.
What we have to consider, experts said, in order to determine our fitness, is to know our body fat. Remember that body fat is a percentage of your total weight, so even slender people can have dangerously high levels of body fat. (See
Here are three ways of measuring your body fat:
1. Home Body Fat Scales-- Body fat scales claim to measure body fat quickly and conveniently. These body fat scales use the Bioelectrical Impedance method to measure your body fat percentage. A low-level electrical current is passed through your body and the "impedance", or opposition to the flow of current, is measured.
2. Skin fold Calipers-- Calipers are a tool that looks somewhat like a giant tweezers. These are used to grasp your skin folds at different points on your body and measure the thickness. These measurements are then compared to standard values for persons of your age and gender to give you your estimated body fat.
3. Hydrostatic Weighing—This is just a fancy term for underwater weighing. You sit on a scale inside a tank of water and blow out as much air as you can. You are dunked underwater, where you blow out even more air. Since fat is lighter than water, the more fat you have, the more you will float. The scale measures underwater weight to figure out body density. The margin of error is around 2-3%, but the accuracy depends on the amount of air you expel. You have to blow it ALL out or it will not be as accurate. This is a difficult way to measure body fat since it can be uncomfortable and even scary to be dunked underwater with no air in the old lungs.
Help Your HeartHelp Your Heart
1. TAKE THE TEST!. That’s the highly sensitive C-reactive protein test, or HSCRP. It has been found that this blood test is as effective as a standard cholesterol test in predicting heart attacks and strokes. It measures the levels of a specific blood protein that indicates that you have inflamed heart arteries--the kind that rupture and cause heart failure. Seeing as how 50% of all heart attack victims have normal cholesterol levels, the hsccrp test is much more accurate and important see your doctor and have one done .
2. Who Cares what you could lift.... for the last forty years various studies have told us that exercise is good for your heart but none have told you that you are only as healthy as your last work out, the affects of exercise develop and deteriorate quickly so constant exercise is key to good health and a healthy heart. Doctors have compared those that still exercise to those that used to but stopped and the health rate was much higher in those that still, maintained there exercise schedule. While the effects of exercise diminish quickly doctors note that it is never too late to start and maintain an active healthier lifestyle to promote longevity.
3. Hang out in the weight room. As well as making your muscles bigger, working out and lifting weights will make you stronger , therefore making everything you do less taxing, thus putting less overall stress on your heart. if you develope a good strong set of muscles your heart will be less fatigued and you will live longer.
4. Get off the weed. Smoking weed is known to increase the chance of heart attack of heart failure dramatically for a few hours after you smoke a joint. If you are still smoking weed get of it, you live to be glad you stopped
5. Buy extra-virgin olive oil. So its more expensive, so what it'll keep you around longer, extra virgin olive oil is lower in fat and "bad cholesterol. so the extra dollar is worth it .
6. See a genetic counselor. Usually your doctor knows nothing about your genetic history, change that. it is the most valid peice of medical information available about you, find out what is common in your genetic make-up and take the steps to prevent those problems, genetic information is a good place to look for possible problems
7. Get an ultra sound . the thing with heart disease is that most people don't know they have it till the hit the floor. A new procedure called an electron-beam cat scan (EBCT) could be a solution. Best for men over 40, the EBCT gives your doctor a 3-D ultrasound of your heart and blood vessels and can show blockage in its early stages, while it is new enough to correct it..
8. Pop a pill, taking high doses of cholesterol-reducing statin drugs. In a study last year of patients with coronary-artery disease, half underwent angioplasty and half were treated with the statin drug atorvastatin. The atorvastatin group had fewer heart attacks within the next 18 months. Statins are proving that blood vessels Aren't just in need of cleaning . statins do more than clear blood vessels--they actually help the vessels become larger to accommodate greater blood flow.
9. Ask your doctor about Ramipril. For 30 years, Ramipril has been used as a hypertension drug. But a study from McMaster University in Ontario shows that it actually helps prevent heart attacks and strokesand even rudeces the need for bypass surgery!.
In the study, which included nearly 10,000 patients (80 percent of whom had coronary artery disease), vitamin E and Ramipril were tested against placebos. The subjects taking vitamin E showed no benefit, but those taking Ramipril had a 25 percent reduction in death rate.
What to eat to lose weightWhat to eat to lose weight
You want to loss weight and you are wondering how? Maybe you have heard how Jennie had to only nibble on foods just to stay slim and you think you can’t go through all that yourself. It is quite alright to feel that way. Eating like a rabbit isn’t part of the weight loss regimen as many people think.
You can actually eat normally in terms of quantity and quality. The difference between before and now is that you are trying to reduce calories and that should only reflect in the amount of calories you take. So what you need to learn is the kind of foods you can afford to eat in quantities that satisfy your hunger without accumulating unwanted calories. Fatty foods contain the highest amounts of calories followed by sugary stuffs.
Chicken and Fish contain lean protein and are excellent as part of your diet. All forms of white meat that contains very little amounts of cholesterol should be part of your diet. For example, eating large quantities of fish shouldn’t negatively impact on you weight loss program. The only precaution is to ensure that you do not use too much fatty oil in cooking it. Some people suggest you do not eat the skin.
Fruits - Fruits are going to be your very good friend from now on. They help to increase your metabolism and so burn up excess energy. Please do not eat fruits alone, you are most likely going to develop iron deficiency anemia. Vegetarians should know better.
Beans- Beans is an excellent food for weight watchers. It contains a lot of proteins but also has some high amount of carbohydrate. So do not eat too much of it at a time.
Diary- There is a lot of low sugar and fat milk available these days. Cottage cheese too is some very good diary products you should go for. Losing weight is serious business, so you must be prepared if you want to go all out and loss a reasonable amount of fat every month.
Acai Berries- Recently there is this new fruit from the Amazon now very popular ever since it appeared on Oprah show. It is a high fiber content fruit that helps to create quick satisfaction and you actually stop eating. Unlike other products in the market that cause weight loss in the same way, Acai Berry contains high amounts of vitamins and other nutrients and so you do not become malnourished trying to loss weight. These are very effective natural weight loss methods to adopt.
Healthy eating habits combined with regular exercises and fat binders in some cases are needed to help you achieve weight loss naturally. You will also need to do some research on your own to find out other harmless foods to add to your regimen. Your diet must have a wide variety of foods in order that you can cope. It is important not to get bored in the process. If you make your diet excite you, you will most likely loss weight consistently every month with very little effort.
Weight Loss Pills In The NewsWeight Loss Pills In The News
Health concerns and desire to look attractive are two major factors that are driving the weight loss industry. Some people are tempted to use OTC medications and weight loss pills to achieve fast results. It should be realized that there is no magic formula or magic wand for losing weight. Healthy eating, low-calorie foods and regular physical activity are the effective ways to lose weight and keep it off.
Remember that even if you take weight loss pills it will be necessary to consume low calorie diet. Also remember that taking pills forever for controlling weight is neither practical nor safe.
Here we shall look at some of the popular weight loss pills presently in the news:
This drug has been in the news recently under its nickname Size Zero Pill or Size 0 pill. It has earned the nickname because of the extremely undernourished and starved look of some of the fashion icons in Hollywood who have been using this pill. This drug is not meant for human consumption; it is a FDA approved drug for treatment of horses. This drug increases heart rate and body temperature thus help burn fat; it suppresses appetite for as long as nine hours after its consumption. It is an extremely unsafe drug.
Alli is not a medicine; it is a fat burner or fat blocker. It is a FDA approved OTC weight reduction product. Weight gain is caused by excess calorie intake, and consumption of fat is the main cause of excess calorie intake, Alli blocks about 25 % of the fat consumed from being digested; the undigested fat passes through the body in the natural way. Since the fat is prevented from being digested, Alli is effective in weight loss.
When you use Alli you are required to limit your meals to 15 gms of fat each, failing which you are likely to have extremely unpleasant side reactions such as bowel movements, loose stools, very frequent visits to “loo”, “farting” with oily discharge, etc.
Since even a popular burger exceeds Alli’s limit of permissible fat content, it is a serious limitation the dieter has to contend with.
Alli and Xenical are similar; their composition is the same so their limitations and usefulness (!) will be similar.
Ephedra (ephedrine alkaloid) used in dietary supplements suppresses the appetite. Many popular products used for weight control were found to be using Ephedra at one time. However, it has now been totally banned due to safety concerns. In spite of the ban many ephedra products are still sold on the Internet.
Many athletes considered Ephedrine as a performance-enhancing drug. Due to safety concerns it has been prohibited in most competitive sports.
• Ma Huang
This is the Chinese name for Ephedra. It also has been banned in USA.
• Bitter Orange
This non-prescription OTC product is claimed to increases the number of calories burned and thus help weight loss. It is being sold as a substitute for Ephedra. It may also cause health problems as Ephedra does. Its long term effects are not known.
This is an extract from a cactus-like succulent plant from deserts of South Africa. It is being sold as natural appetite suppressant. This has not been evaluated for safety, effectiveness, or purity by the FDA and it is a potentially risky product for weight loss.
What is the best diet plan?What is the best diet plan?
Generally when we talk about a diet that is good for health, what quickly comes to mind is a balanced diet. But a weight loss diet shouldn’t have to be balanced but healthy. So a healthy diet is more desirable for a person looking to loss drop some pounds.
The best diet plan for weight loss consists of plenty of proteins, small amounts of carbohydrates and an insignificant amount of fat. Some people prefer to abstain from fatty foods entirely when trying to loss weight. It should also contain a rich amount of vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients to ensure good health and vitality.
There is usually a conflict whether a balanced diet is good for people trying to loss weight or not. The thing is, balanced diet consists of every form of food and a significant amount in order to supply the body with all the needed nutrients. But some of these are harmful when taken in large quantities and so should be regulated especially in Heart disease patients, which bring us to the need to eat a healthy diet rather than a balanced one. A healthy diet considers your peculiar condition and so your meals are tailored just for you.
What then constitute a healthy Diet for Weight Loss?
It is easy to understand that any meal that can supply the body with its essential need with little or no negative effect on our lipid profile should be ideal. You need to keep cholesterol out of your foods.
FRUITS AND VEGETABLES- Fruits and vegetables contain a very little, if any, amount of cholesterol. They are usually low in fat, calories and salt. These fruits are also very good and rich sources of anti-oxidants like vitamins A, C and E.
BREADS, CEREALS AND POTATOS
Grains all belong to this category and are mainly carbohydrate rich food sources and ideal as a source of energy when loosing weight. It is easier to burn off unlike fat. Many of them are rich in vitamins especially the B-vitamins. Examples include rice, cereals, corn, beans etc. The amount of cereals and others should not be too much and at the same time do not be over zealous about losing weight so that you do not create hypoglycemia for yourself-this is very important.
MILK AND DAIRY PRODUCTS
Many people think that because you are on diet so you shouldn’t eat the things you like anymore. This myth is held especially when it concerns diary products. That is not true because dieting has become more advance, with the availability of non fat milk, low sugar milk and ice cream. Foods in this group provide the body with high-quality protein and are our main sources of calcium. There are also the major sources of vitamin D, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin B12, riboflavin, niacin and phosphorous and so we can not afford to avoid them due to the fact that we are trying to loss weight. Except we are on these products, then dietary supplements should be an essential part of our dieting.
MEAT and FISH
Oh yes! You can eat meat but it has to be white. You can eat chicken and of course fish. These are some form food you can eat without stuffing yourself with cholesterol but do not add fat like butter or vegetable oil to it in excess while cooking as that defeats the purpose.
What is the best diet plan?What is the best diet plan?
Believe it or not, but there is no definitive ‘best diet plan’ out there. Why? Because everyone of us is different. Body type, build, metabolism… we each require something different to help us lose weight, but that does not mean we cannot try to incorporate well known methods that we know promote effective weight loss.
It is just a question of finding the right ones.
The web is one good place to look – though you do need to be prepared for the variety you will find. By typing in just the simple term of ‘weight loss’ you will come across an assortment of articles that will either tell you to take vitamin and dietary supplements or focus on your actual diet.
Neither of these diet supplement reviews are wrong. In truth they can each bring something to the table that can help you to formulate an effective weight loss plan specifically designed to your needs, and your needs alone.
The best approach we can recommend is breaking down each area of weight loss down into the discernable segments of diet, exercise and weight loss diet supplements.
Not sure how? One good example of this can be found in the Telegraph’s article entitled ‘Top 5 ways to lose weight for 2008’.
In this one article the writers of this lucrative newspaper – which is renowned for publishing only accurate sources of information – have covered each of these 3 points and more.
To surmise the article they discussed these top 5 points:
• eating more regularly - 6 small meals a day
• using natural fat binders such as leading brand Proactol
• surrounding yourself with a strong support network to keep yourself motivated
• ensuring you eat breakfast every day - this may only be a small change to your diet, but having a breakfast every morning can give your metabolism the jump start it needs to keep it burning your calories (fast) all day long
• Realistic exercise plan – although exercise is an important part of helping you to lose weight, setting yourself too many unachievable goals can one cause your injury and two affect your motivation levels.
Now whilst these 5 tips presented by the Telegraph are just a small sample of what you can use to build up a strong weight loss plan, they each summarise an important area that you need to bear in mind.
An area that could play a vital part in helping you to lose weight and gain the body you want.
Offer yourself real, credible weight loss results
For most of us taking that first initial step to losing weight can feel like a big leap but there are weight loss dietary supplements out there that can offer you the support and stability to making this first step easy and accessible.
One such supplement is Proactol.
100% organic and side effect free, Proactol is a clinically proven fact binder that can help consumers to:
• Bind up to 28% of their dietary fat intake
• Suppress their appetite whilst decreasing food cravings
• Lower their blood cholesterol levels
• Increase their joint flexibility and mobility
• Cut their calorie content by 450 calories a day
And with medical backing from the Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC, Proactol can offer consumers the best in weight loss pills results.
So if you are looking to boost your weight loss chances and build an effective weight loss plan, Proactol can offer you the support to make this happen.
Weight loss diet pill guarantees – what do they really offer?
You could argue that a guarantee is a guarantee. That it doesn’t matter as long as the weight loss supplement works.
But here is the thing.
Which diet pill would you feel more confident in? The one that can offer you a 180 day money back guarantee (Proactol™) or one that only lasts 2 weeks (Hoodia Gordonii Diet Pills)?
If we’re honest, the one that offers a 180 day money back guarantee looks the most appealing. Why? Because it gives you chance to truly test the effectiveness of the product; to see if it does actually work for you in the long term and not for just a few weeks. Plus you can use it safe in the knowledge that if it doesn’t work you can get a full refund.
A 2 week guarantee on the other hand, screams unreliable.
Yes, you could say the reason it is only 2 weeks is because the manufacturers are so confident in their product. But think about it a moment. How much weight can you really lose in just 2 weeks?
For real long term weight loss that lasts dieticians recommend losing 1-2lbs a week. But if you – like we all do at first – stick to a strict diet and exercise regularly, you could easily lose this amount naturally without the help of a supplement.
The real proof over whether or not a weight loss supplement works becomes apparent during the long term; when it continues to help you to consistently lose weight, even when your confidence ebbs.
Take this scenario.
Proactol™ have recently teams up with UK bridal magazine YouAndYourWedding to offer brides the chance to lose weight and win a free getaway.
On top of their competition offer that gives winners an all inclusive pamper treatment at Champney Spa, Proactol™ are also offering winners a prize of a year’s free supply Proactol™.
Now whilst you could say in this scenario their 180 money back guarantee doesn’t count as it was given away freely, the guarantee does still work in promoting confidence. In proving to customers that it is a great prize to win.
Yes, all brides want to get away from the stresses of their wedding, but even the most toned of us, wants to lose a few lbs before we get married.
And Proactol™ can offer you just that.
A guarantee that their natural herbal supplement will work to help you lose those extra lbs, get in shape and help you to maintain it.
So a guarantee is more than a guarantee.
It is a symbol of confidence that give you the reassurance to lose weight before your wedding; to enter a competition with the hopes of winning a prize as well as help and the satisfaction of knowing you are making a sound investment.
Set your children on the path to a healthier and happier lifestyle this Mother’s daySet your children on the path to a healthier and happier lifestyle this Mother’s day
Taking care of your health and body is always important, and this Mother’s Day should be no different. For one day of the year you are given free reign to be spoilt, get pampered and most importantly celebrate with your family being a mother. An occasion we all love and look forward to.
Yet your role as a mother is not simply defined by this one day alone. Your commitment and love for them is year long. From showing them right from wrong, to teaching them about the world, every action you perform is for them and for them alone.
But did you know that even the way you eat can influence your children’s health decisions in the future? It’s true. From as early as pregnancy, the foods you eat can have a strong influence on the way your children’s diet develops in the future, as the Medical Research Council and Wellcome Trust discovered in their recent study.
Drawing further on this thesis, the Wellcome Trust believe that even the smallest changes in our external environment and eating habits can be passed on directly through our DNA to our children. A theory that places a whole new light on recent data that suggests by 2050 nine in ten children will be obese.
It all ties down to the actions we perform today.
But don’t worry if you mis-behaved during your pregnancy and ate fatty foods. We all did. What matters most is the fact that you can still have a positive influence upon your children’s eating habits, beginning with the choices you make this Mother’s day.
Let us explain.
No matter your children’s age, there are things you can do today that can set precedent for them as they grow up and have families of their own. You can make the change, and the fascinating part is, is that all it takes is small subtle changes to help them in the right direction.
Turn your Mother’s day around
Imagine for a moment a fun-filled day filled with action, activity and enjoyment for the entire family. Bike rides, long walks, picnicking in the park… you can turn this Mother’s day into one to remember as you fill your families day with delicious low in saturated food and fun, fun, fun.
And the best part is they won’t even realise that you have removed the traditional meal out/ takeaway with a healthier option.
Instead they will be having too much fun making your Mother’s day one to remember.
And the benefits can affect you all. You, your partner, your children… all of you can begin feeling the benefits of natural weight loss and a healthier body.
So make this Mother’s day one to remember. Carefree, fun and most important, the day you know that you are setting your children in the right direction.
Celebrity diets – are they dangerous or are they safe? Proactol™ offer their take on this latest growing trend
Celebrity diets – are they dangerous or are they safe? Proactol™ offer their take on this latest growing trend
It is quite refreshing to find a weight loss company who is actually interested in offering consumers a real insight into how celebrities attain their red carpet bodies.
Beyond the publicised fabrications by the media of ‘miracle celebrity dieting methods’, Proactol™’s assessment of these said dietary fads provides a quite insightful take on how celebrities actually achieve it.
Following extensive research into the most recent dietary fads to hit the weight loss market, Proactol™ have created an enlightening eBook that discusses all the pros and cons of celebrity diets, whilst providing readers with a much safer route to natural weight loss.
Their most recent celebrity campaign is similarly effective in setting the record straight. Firstly disclosing all the harmful effects that following the cabbage diet, banana diet and 5 Factor diets can do to your body, Proactol™ have also proven that celebrities are doing much more than changing their eating habits in order to lose weight. They have got help.
Working out for 2-3 hours a day, 6 times a week under the supervision of a personal trainer and chef, it is no wonder that Madonna, Oprah Winfrey and Gwyneth Paltrow are so successful in their weight loss attempts – they have got help the average woman has not.
The most enlightening part of Proactol™’s campaign has to be their alternative routes to natural weight loss. From how often you eat, to your food choices… even down to how you exercise, Proactol™ has provided slimmers with a much healthier route than starving yourself with 1,000 calories a day intakes.
With a number of resources to choose from, including their online campaign and eBook, Proactol™ has done an incredible job in assessing these diets, and helping their consumers to lose weight safely and healthily.
It is definitely worth reading.
5 Tricks to Losing weight for your New Years Party
The phrase ‘New Years Party’ can bring up a lot of dread for many slimmers. Not only do you have to face the daunting task of dressing up in front of your colleagues, but there is also the endless of obstacles of avoiding the buffet table and the bar.
If you too are looking for ways to maintain your New Year weight loss and not put on a single lb during this seasonal holiday, then there are a number of tricks you can use.
Below we have listed 5 useful tricks - which you can implement at any party – that will help you to remain in firm control of your weight loss and ensure you still have a good time.
New Year Weight Loss
1. Eat before you go – buffet tables are renowned for bringing out the worse in you when it comes to snacking. Filled with bite sized foods that are just begging to be eaten, it is easy to eat much more than you usually would.
To avoid this temptation, make sure you eat before you go. By arriving at your New Years party already full and satisfied, you will confidently be able to stay away from the buffet table and resist the temptation of overeating.
2. Fill your plate – as a rule there is no limit to the number of times you can visit the buffet table, which is where overeating can become problematic. Filled with the knowledge that you can go up again, again and again, you do not fill your plate with all the foods that you want the first time, but instead choose to turn the buffet table into a 3 course meal that can become very calorific…
However by making the decisive decision to fill your plate just once – no more - you will find that you are more aware of what you are eating and will eat everything you want the first time.
3. Bring a limited amount of money – New Year parties are renowned for excessive drinking, but the problem with drinking too much alcohol is all the hidden calories waiting to get in your system.
The average pint contains 250 calories whilst a shot of vodka contains around 50 calories. Drink just 4 pints and you’ll have instantly consumed half your daily calorie intake.
To resist the temptation of consuming endless unnecessary calories bring with you enough money to buy just a few drinks. By limiting how much you can spend, you can remain in control of your New Year Weight loss and escape the guilt of drinking too much.
NOTE: one of key reasons for New Year weight gain is drinking excessive amounts of alcohol, so it is essential that you limit how much alcohol you consume. Limit this, and you can limit your weight gain.
4. Control where you are standing – one of the curses of the buffet table is that it is easy to keep picking at the food displayed there, especially if you are positioned next to or in plain sight of the table.
For this reason, make sure you are seated as far away as possible from the buffet table so you can resist the inclination to snack. With the buffet table out of sight, it will also be out of mind too.
5. Get dancing – that’s right! Get on that dance floor and enjoy yourself. Dancing is a great way to burn some of those excess calories, PLUS whilst you are dancing you’ll be drinking and eating less too.
Whether you looking to lose Christmas weight or limit the impact this holiday season will have on your New Year weight gain; implementing any one of the above steps can help you to remain in firm control of your weight loss.
In fact these very same tricks can be used for all occasions, so give them a try today and experience the New Year weight loss you deserve.
7 Tips to maintaining your Christmas weight loss
Christmas is often noted as period for weight gain, but for you it doesn’t have to be. You too can maintain your Christmas weight loss and keep losing weight well into the New Year.
Researchers claim that everyone gains on average 1-2lbs during the holiday season – 1-2lbs that are almost impossible to lose - however by simply incorporating the following tips into your Christmas diet you too can prevent this Christmas weight gain and keep your body healthy, happy and fighting fit.
1. Opt for Turkey – compared to other red meats, turkey is high in protein and low in fat saving you countless calories.
2. Roast all your vegetables – avoid saturating your roast potatoes and vegetables in fat. Instead boil them for 10 minutes to soften them up before lightly drizzling them in low fat vegetable oil and putting them in the oven.
3. Make your own treats – forget investing in a 2kg tin of Roses that is packed with 10,000 calories and instead make your sweets from scratch. Christmas cakes, Yule logs, trifle… by making the slightest amendments to your ingredients list, you too can produce low fat/low calorie versions of each of these puddings.
With your trifle for example, simply swap normal jam and jelly for their sugar free counterparts and use fruit canned in juice instead of syrup.
4. Make alcohol free punch – drinking just half a bottle of wine can increase your calorie intake by 250 calories, so take the step to swap alcohol for some fruity punch that your entire family can enjoy. Alternatively invest in some non-alcoholic wines.
5. Make your Christmas active – forget sitting in front of the television watching annual re-runs and instead go out for a walk or a bike ride with your family. This will help stop you from snacking on all those naughty chocolates, and will prevent that post-afternoon slump.
Alternatively if it is too cold to go outside, switch off the television and play some games. Charades, Twister… pick something fun, active and enjoyable for the whole family.
6. Swap salted peanuts for unsalted – one of the easiest steps you can take for controlling your Christmas weight loss, is making simple alterations such as swapping salted peanuts for their unsalted counterparts. Salted peanuts are saturated in fats which are bad for your heart, and this is the same for many other Christmas foods.
Simply sit down and make a list of all the foods you’d normally buy for Christmas. If you discover that they have got a low fat version, swap them for these lower calorie versions and exclude foods you cannot replace.
7. Buy no biscuits or chocolates – easier said than done, but the reality is you wouldn’t normally buy, let alone eat all these chocolates and biscuits. So set yourself a rule: buy one tin or none at all. More often than not someone will buy you a box of chocolates as a present, so let them buy it for you and resist the temptation to buy them yourself.
Remember: One 2kg tin of Roses contains 10,000 calories.
Maintaining your Christmas weight loss doesn’t have to be achieved at the sacrifice of your own enjoyment. You too can have a Christmas to remember, simply by making the above modifications to your Christmas diet.
So make the change, and begin planning for your Christmas now.